Login - registering through the Andersen website gives you the opportunity to receive daily Andersen news reminders through email. You are asked for your student's ID, which can be found on their report card.
California Gold Ribbon School
California Distinguished School
1987 - 2002 - 2008 - 2014
Andersen School is located at 1900 Port Seabourne Way within the city of Newport Beach. The school serves 380 students in grades kindergarten through sixth. Our community consists of single-family ...more
Andersen on Twitter
Follow Us on Twitter @andersenelemsc1 and #andersendolphinpride
No to Bullying
Every student is entitled to a safe school environment free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying.
The District’s Policy on Bullying can be accessed HERE
Copies are available in every school office.
Students and parents may also report bullying to firstname.lastname@example.org or may place an anonymous note in the bullying report box located at each school site.
Andersen Volunteer Information
Attention Classroom Volunteers
If you would like to volunteer in a classroom, go on a field trip, etc., you must be registered online and be a cleared volunteer. If you signed up last year and your TB is current (test lasts 4 years) you do not need to re-register this year. If you are a new volunteer, sign up using the link on the left-hand side of this web page "Volunteer Registration Form" under District Links or click here. Fill out the information and bring a current TB test to the school office. All volunteers MUST be registered online. Please allow 2 - 3 weeks to be cleared. If you have any questions, please call the School Office at 949-515-6935. P.S. - Spread the word to all family members who might want to volunteer or go on a field trip, as you must be cleared to participate.
All visitors/volunteers, including parents, must sign-in and sign-out in the school office. Visitors under the age of 18 may not enter campus during school hours, even if accompanied by a parent, except to attend awards assemblies, assemblies in the MPR or 6th Grade promotion.
Andersen School News
Dates to Have on Your Calendar
- 5/6 - Flag Deck - 6th Grade Performs, Box Tops, Andersen Angel
- 5/6 - Box Tops
- 5/15 - 2nd annual Andersen Talent Show @ 5 PM at the CDM Theater
- 5/16 - Andersen Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast @ 8:15 AM
- 5/17 - 6/2 - State Testing for grades 3-6. There will be no volunteers for any grade at school from May 13-June 3.
- 5/26 - Recycling
- 5/26 - DEANS Golf Tournament at Oak Creek Golf Club. Register @ http://andersendeans.org/Events/Golf.aspx
- 5/27 - Flag Deck - 5th Grade performs
- 5/31 - June 1 - Daily Pilot Cup
- 6/1 - Concert on the Green @ 6 PM
- Food Trucks @ 5:00 PM - bring a picnic blanket and join in the fun!
- 6/3 - Flag Deck - Box Tops & Andersen Angel
- 6/9 - PTA General Meeting, Luncheon, & Installation
- 6/9 - Open House begins from 6 - 7:30 PM. All are Welcome!
- 6/10 - Flag Deck - 6th Grade Performs
- 6/17 - Flag Deck - Dog Tags
- 6/24 - Last Day of School for 2015-2016
Newport-Mesa Unified School District received a request to name the Costa Mesa High School (CMHS) athletic field the "Edgar C. Baume Field" or "Ed Baume Field" in honor of Mr. Edgar Baume, who was an active supporter of CMHS football and baseball.
Please click here for more information and to take a brief survey regarding this naming request. The survey will be available for public input until May 11, 2016.
It’s that time to prepare for the new school year to come. Fulfill school entry and immunization requirements by obtaining your Preschool, Kindergarten and First grade physical exam at no cost*
Please see attached flyer for details.
Additional information regarding school health requirements is available on the Health Services Website.
* Eligibility Criteria Applies
There is still time to apply for either of the two Neport-Mesa Unified School District Language Immersion programs, Mandarin (College Park Elementary) or Spanish (Whittier Elementary). If you are interested in taking advantage of one of these unique programs for your child, please click on the link below to find the informational brochure as well as the online application. Be sure to look under “Elementary Programs”.
Dual language programs are the most impressive forms of education being offered in the United States, and there is a significant increase in demand for these programs throughout the country.
Summary of research:
- Native English speakers often meet or exceed the performance of their peers participating in a monolingual program, with the added benefit of being bilingual.
- Students participating in dual language programs develop multicultural competencies along with social skills.
- Dual language programs are the most effective in closing the achievement gap.
- Test results show that most dual language schools outperform their other demographically similar schools, the state and local school district.
- Cognitive benefits, including delayed onset of Alzheimer’s for bilingual children. Their brains are flexible and require increased levels of concentration not typical of a monolingual brain.
Todavía hay tiempo para solicitar cualquiera de los dos programas de Inmersión del Districto Escolar de Newport-Mesa, mandarín (Primaria College Park) o español (Primaria Whittier). Si usted está interesado(a) en tomar ventaja de uno de estos programas únicos para su hijo(a), por favor oprima el enlace de abajo para encontrar el folleto informativo, así como la aplicación. Asegúrese de buscar en "Elementary Programs” (Programas Primaria).
Programas de lenguaje dual son las formas más impresionantes de la educación que se ofrecen en los Estados Unidos, y hay un aumento significativo en la demanda de estos programas en todo el país.
Resumen de investigación:
- Los hablantes nativos de inglés a menudo cumplen o superan el rendimiento de sus pares que participan en un programa monolingüe, con la ventaja añadida de ser bilingüe.
- Los estudiantes que participan en programas de lenguaje dual desarrollan competencias multiculturales, junto con las habilidades sociales.
- Programas de lenguaje dual son los más eficaces en el cierre de la brecha en el rendimiento.
- Los resultados de las pruebas muestran que la mayoría de las escuelas bilingües superan a sus otras escuelas demográficamente similares, el distrito escolar estatal y local.
- Beneficios cognitivos, incluyendo retraso en la aparición de la enfermedad de Alzheimer para los niños bilingües. Sus cerebros son flexibles y requieren niveles de concentración aumentaron no es típico de un cerebro monolingüe.
Aeries Parent Portal
A PTA Parent Representative is available at 8:15 AM the second (2nd) Thursday of each month to give you a school tour. If you are interested, please check-in at the front office a few minutes before.
Parent Resources on Common Core
The district has put together a website with information on Common Core. Please click below for additional information (check back from time-to-time as they will continue to update).
Common Core ...more
New Report Cards for 2015-2016
Please click on the links for each grade to view samples of the new Report Cards
Week at a Glance
New Rule - No Shot No School 7-12th Grades
Pre-Enrollment Instructions for the New School Year
The Newport-Mesa Unified School District Governing Board is committed to providing equal opportunity for all individuals in education. District programs, activities, practices, and employment shall be free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. This policy applies to all acts related to school activity or school attendance within a school under the jurisdiction of the Superintendent. Any school employee who witnesses an incident of unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, intimidation, retaliation, or bullying, shall immediately intervene to stop the incident when it is safe to do so. Compliance Officer Contact Information: Russell Lee-Sung, Associate Superintendent, Chief Human Resources Officer, 2985 Bear St. Costa Mesa, CA 92626, 714-424-5041